With the launch of SQL 2014 some new and powerful features introduced in this version. Some of them are
- In-Memory OLTP
- New Cardinality Estimator
- Cluster shared volume
- Delayed durability
- SSD buffer pool extension
- Resource Governor for I/O
- Incremental statistics
- Lock priority of online operations
and many more....
To help students stay current with upcoming release of SQL Server 2014, all MCSE-level SQL exams (464 through 467) will be updated on April 24, 2014 to cover solutions based on both SQL Server 2012 and 2014 products.
The MCSA: SQL Server 2012 credential and associated exams (461/462/463) will remain in market without alterations. No MCSA: SQL Server 2014 credential will be released.
MCSE-level SQL exams (464 through 467) is updated to cover solutions based on both SQL Server 2012 and 2014 products.
Details on the exam updates, in the form of side-by-side comparisons of exam objectives, are now available for review through the "content covering SQL Server 2014" link in the Skills Measured section of each Exam Detail web page:
- Exam 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Exam 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server
- Exam 70-466: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server
- Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server
Note While the exam numbers will not change, the product version (2012) will be removed from the titles of the exams.
FAQs about upgrading 2014 SQL Server is as follows